The Natural Approach to Neuropathy Treatment in Kitchener and Owen Sound
Your nerves don't just relay functional messages throughout your body -- they also provide your physical sensation of the outside world. When these communication conduits stop communicating properly, you may experience the pain, numbness, tingling, weakness, and other disagreeable symptoms associated with neuropathy. While these issues may drive you to contemplate extreme responses such as surgery or permanent destruction of the nerve, there are safer, easier answers. Here at Advanced Pain Relief Clinic, we're proud to provide conservative neuropathy treatment in Kitchener and Owen Sound.
What You Should Know About Neuropathy
There are many different types of neuropathy, or nerve dysfunction, that can afflict the human body. This condition may affect only one nerve (mononeuropathy) or a large portion of the nervous system (polyneuropathy). It may also be categorized according to the region of the body it affects, from the cranial nerves of the head and face (cranial neuropathy) to the sciatic nerve and other nerves of the hips and buttocks (proximal neuropathy). The most kind of neuropathy is peripheral neuropathy, which affects the peripheral nerves that control what you feel in your extremities. This problem can cause such symptoms as sharp pains radiating through a limb, tingling or "pins and needles" feelings, and loss of sensation. You may also experience loss of muscle function, atrophy, and weakness.
Just as neuropathy can take a variety of forms, it can also have a variety of causes. Your neuropathy may be due to:
- Acute nerve damage from an injury
- Acute or chronic nerve compression
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Chemotherapy drugs
- Environmental toxins
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Viral infections
- Immune system or celiac disease
Last but not least, diabetes is one of the most causes of peripheral nerve disease. Concentrated levels of blood sugar are known to damage nerve tissue as well as blood vessels.
Non-Invasive Answers from Our Doctor
Dr. Rahemtulla, is a recognized expert in the field of functional and chiropractic neurology, giving him advanced insight into neuropathy and its relationship to musculoskeletal issues. Instead of surgically altering your body or permanently deadening entire nerves, we're able to treat the underlying conditions that caused your neuropathy while also facilitating the nerve healing process. Our treatment options include:
- FREMS - The Frequency Rhythmic Electrical Modulation System, or FREMS, applies small degrees of electrical pulses to stimulate tissues affected by peripheral neuropathy. This enhances arterial blood flow to help nerves heal.
- Neurologically-enriched chiropractic - Our neurologically-enriched chiropractic care can relieve alignment and compression issues related to improper nerve signaling.
- Spinal decompression - This non-surgical therapy relieves nerve compression caused by herniated or "slipped" discs.
- Laser therapy - Our advanced K-Laser can actually stimulate the repair of damaged nerve tissue.
Get Help at Advanced Pain Relief Clinic Today!
You can take control over your neuropathy, starting today. Call either of our Advanced Pain Relief Clinic offices for neuropathy treatment in Kitchener and Owen Sound!