Plantar Fasciitis Relief From Advanced Pain Relief Clinic
Plantar fasciitis is a condition which causes heel and foot pain, often described as sharp and worse in the morning. It’s caused by irritation of the plantar fascia, a thick band of tissue running along the underside of your foot. While plantar fasciitis can affect anyone of any age, certain people are more at risk, including folks who over-train (do “too much too soon”), people who stand a lot for their jobs, and people who are overweight.
At the Advanced Pain Relief Clinic, our team of skilled clinicians works together to help relieve the pain and dysfunction associated with this condition (yes: we do more than just spinal care!). Read on to learn how.
3 Ways a Chiropractor Can Help Heal Plantar Fasciitis
For our chiropractor, plantar fasciitis is a highly treatable condition that responds well to the non-invasive and medication-free care provided at our clinic. Dr. Moona S. Rahemtulla uses a variety of innovative and cutting-edge technology and techniques to reduce tissue irritation and inflammation, promote tissue healing, relieve pain, and prevent symptom recurrence. Here are a few specific treatments which our patients say have worked wonders for them:
- Laser therapy: low-frequency light beams are directed at the injured tissue and can effect increased circulation and cellular healing through a process called “photobiomodulation”
- Shockwave therapy: this uses sound-like energy instead of light to facilitate cellular healing, and works similarly to laser therapy (no downtime, painless, simple, and effective!)
- Chiropractic adjustments: spinal and pelvic misalignments can put increased strain on the hips, knees, and feet. Adjustments and spinal decompression can restore normal force distribution and alignment in the entire “chain,” from ankle to neck.
Additional treatments provided by our other clinicians include custom orthotic fittings, physical therapy, massage, and nutritional counseling (to aid in weight management and the avoidance of pro-inflammatory foods).
Do You Have Heel & Foot Pain? Call Our Chiropractor in Owen Sound or Kitchener-Waterloo Today!
- 519-376-9355 for our Owen Sound location, or
- 519-885-3500 for our Kitchener-Waterloo location