Physiotherapy is a medical approach designed to help patients restore, maintain, and maximize their strength. This approach increases movement, function, and improves overall health. Physiotherapists treat their patients with a hands-on approach to treat injuries, sickness, and patients with disabilities. The Advanced Pain Relief Clinic offers physiotherapy at our Kitchener location.
What do physiotherapists treat?
Physiotherapists utilize their training in the medical field to treat or improve a wide range of conditions related to the body. Some of these conditions include:
- Neuromusculoskeletal: whiplash, sports injuries, back pain, and arthritis
In addition to illness and injury, physiotherapists are active in medical research and education.
How does physiotherapy work?
Paths to recovery and pain relief come in different packages. Physiotherapy teams up with other holistic methods to improve and maintain a healthier life.
- Laser Treatments: Laser treatment offers a unique approach to pain. It targets the trouble area with precision using a BioFlex laser or K Laser. The use of lasers does not injure the skin. It targets things like muscle inflammation and accelerates healing.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy feels great, but it also has encouraging, healing qualities as well. It improves blood flow to impacted areas, reduces inflammation and it improves the immune system allowing it to relieve pain naturally and without drugs.
- Chiropractic and Orthotics Approach: The use of orthotics to repair a misalignment of the spine and joints is an aspect of physiotherapy. So is approaching the skeletal system with a gentle alignment to reduce pressure. Both options treat the underlying conditions that cause pain.
Other Treatments and Approaches
Physiotherapy offers a vast array of pain relief. Physiotherapists understand the importance of reducing pain levels. They use the extensive range of tools in their arsenal to holistically approach healing and pain relief. Some of those additional treatments include:
- Range of Motion (ROM)
- Shockwave Treatment
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Cryotherapy and Heat Therapy
- Kinesio Taping
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
Schedule a Consultation with our Physiotherapists
Our priority at the Advanced Pain Relief Clinic is to create a personalized plan to treat your pain and promote healing. Physiotherapy is one of our holistic approaches to help you live a better and healthier life. Contact us today to set up an appointment at our Kitchener location.